Thursday 19 December 2013

Singapore Innisfree Fiesta Event

Sorry, had to burst your bubble if anyone of you chanced upon this space thinking you can have a truckload worth of Lee Min Ho's pictures. I have none. Zilch. Zero pictures of him. I didn't realize that I did not take any pictures of him until my friends stunned me with a question asking "Why no photos of him?" That had me scrambling my phone for abit to realize that I seriously have no photos of him. Literally want to smack myself hard for my laziness. 

Anyways...look at this article. Its true. I attended the event and we had the max about 15-20mins of LMH only. Actually reporters shouldn't complain and make a big fuss. I know of some fans who waited 4-5 hours prior to the event hoping to catch a full glimpse of him. 



The fans are very dedicated. They waited here since morning/noon/night (basically all day long) wanting to see LMH. I really salute them because I can never do that to myself to see someone who don't know me. This is also where Jas and I were waiting at the entrance waiting to go into the lounge area. 





Once inside the lounge area, we get to take photos. Had some desserts and drinks, which by the way, none of the ladies were interested in because all were very anxious to rush into the main area to grab good seats. Including me because I wanted to help my friend to get the best seat. She already has a shrine of LMH so I thought I better help her since both of us made it here. 

Still a bit annoyed that I bought a dress specially for this event and that pair of blue shoes. 


After hanging around of taking photos and eating, the staff opened the doors and all ladies rushed in like as though there was a tsunami. All of us wheezed past the gallery area and the area where you could try the products because ALL were very focused with 1 thing in mind. GRABBING FOR THE BEST SEATS. Well, may the best fighter wins... who cares about Innisfree?? Its LMH for god sake. 

But then we were stopped at another entrance again because apparently, we were supposed to look around the gallery, Innisfree products and learn more about Innisfree. We were told by the organisers to look around and hang your question on the Christmass tree (which LMH will pick and answer, and you will win a Polaroid shot with LMH). 50% of the ladies obviously refused to and stay put at the entrance because it is the last hurdle to GRABBING THOSE DAMN SEATS. But Jas and I decided to give up, took photos, write questions and walk around. To which I have to say, I am thankful we can do that because of the teamwork which we collaborated with Yvonne and Casslyn. 

Security guards/organizers were flabbergasted. They probably were disgusted because they had to shout at us to be civilized,not push, not rush and not fight to go in. 


Finally, floodgate opened. There was a lady who even took off her heels so she could run in for the best seat. Seriously. Jas and I were very lucky to met 2 ladies whom we tag-team together and wala we got the best seats! Center row 2nd row. First rows are for the Innisfree staff and directors. 

So what was the event about?

Basically, we watched quite a few videos of what is Innisfree about, where are the ingredients from, their aim to take over Asia by storm with their products and also about their caring for environment campaign. Then we watched a short teaser of LMH doing an Innisfree ad. 

Next one of the director gave her speech and then the main highlight, watching LMH coming onstage. Everyone had 1 minute of snapping photos time and get him to talk abit about Innisfree. 2nd segment was the "Ask MinHo a question". He picked 3 and Jas was really lucky to get picked by him. She went onstage, asked her question and LMH answered. Took a shot together while everyone screamed with jealousy. 


Afterwhich, there was a lucky draw segment where winners won Innisfree products (which according to them was specially chosen by LMH). Took photos and again everyone screaming with jealousy. Oh, almost forgot. We also watched a small video clip of him choosing the products at Singapore's Innisfree store prior to the lucky draw.

Lastly, all the ladies invited to the center for LMH to take a Selfie shot. Wow... this part was insane. Everyone was rushing and pushing, I think given 1 more minute, the ladies could stepped over the security guards easily. 

*Taken from Innisfree Facebook 

With that, LMH said goodbye and made his exit. Before leaving, all of us were told to check under our seats because there are stickers hidden underneath which can be used to redeem a big framed photo of LMH with his signature. Lucky girls and nice way to end the event too!

That concludes pretty much everything about the event. I am very happy to be part of the event and at the same time extremely disappointed with how it was ran. The marketing strategy employed by Innisfree in giving out the free pair of tickets were shocking if you were to hear straight from how the ladies obtained them. I am not sure if anyone is even interested in Innisfree products or is it because they are buying it to support LMH, nevertheless, I hope its the former because I think Innisfree products are not too bad and its cheap too.

What an event. I dont think I want to do that to myself again attending such events. 




No comments:

Post a Comment