Wednesday 30 October 2013

Ling Jewellery



I first heard of Ling Jewellery when scouting for hotels and subsequently reading about them through blogs and forums. Prior to searching for wedding bands, I went to many local jewellery shops to take a look such as Gold Heart, Love & Co, Poh Heng, SK Jewellery, Soo Kee and Lee Hwa. Out of all the jewellery shops, only the wedding bands at Lee Hwa catches our eyes. However, since I am only getting married next year and it was in July when I was viewing the rings at Lee Hwa, I thought to wait till a nearer date before committing. Just so you know Lee Hwa has an extensive range of rings and I really would go for Lee Hwa for their designs. 


Anyways, I went to their shop at Orchard Hotel. It was their last day there and they are moving permanently to Amara Hotel. Their official opening date at Amara is 6 November and according to Tracy there is no news of any discount for their opening special. 

Here are some of the pictures I took inside and outside of the shop:



According to Tracy, Ling's mother was already in the jewellery business and have a shop at Fulleraton Hotel. Ling then started out her own shop and was doing fine jewellery till she realised as she was growing, all her friends were getting married and looking for wedding bands. Hence, she decided to venture out into wedding bands. So there we have....the various designs as shown....



I love their rings there and kinda wish I could get those that I really love. If you are interested and sold by the pictures, do make an appointment with them because their shop is buzzing with couples. Plus, the first appointment is a minimum 2 hours! The people in Ling Jewellery take time to talk to you, to find out what type of rings you like, to find out your style and tell you a lot of things such as the design and colour of the different rings. I did not have the time to sit for the full 2 hours but I had a good time in the shop. 

More importantly, this is the catch if you looking for discount at Ling Jewellery (only available during wedding show according to male boss). During wedding roadshow, there is a sale for vouchers sold at $300 each. You can also buy the vouchers at the shop itself. 

The $300 voucher specialty:
-Gives you back a $30 rebate with minimum spending of $500
-Gives you additional 20% after the rebate
-Locks down this discount for 2 years 
-Can buy as many vouchers as you want. If your rings cost ~$3000 and you buy 6 vouchers, you will be able to get back $180 + a 20%. 

What may not be so good is, the prices are not fixed. Can be risky to buy your wedding bands.

If you are interested:
*Please take note appointment must be made because there are many people there and 1 visit requires 2 hour minimum. You can do walk-in but there are only 4 staff so they might not be able to serve you if they are full. FYI, bosses are Ling & Andrew.

Ling Jewellery address:

Amara Hotel (2 mins walk from Tanjong Pagar MRT)

100 Tras Street #04-02
100 AM
Tel:62388712
10am - 10pm

Website:

http://www.lingjewellery.com/

Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/LingJewelleryWedding?ref=profile

2 comments:

  1. Just so you know Lee Hwa has an extensive range of rings and I really would go for Lee Hwa for their designs. cheap wedding rings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Such an amazing and helpful post this is. I really really love it. It's so good and so awesome. I am just amazed. I hope that you continue to do your work like this in the future also closest pawn shop to my location

    ReplyDelete