Friday 13 December 2013

Taobao - Bridesmaid dresses, brothers' attire, wedding souvenirs







If you are paying for your bridesmaids' dresses or brothers' attire, a way to go easy on your pocket is by buying it from Taobao.






The brothers' attire are from Taobao (Shirt + Tie) according to common friend. It is cheap just that you have to pay abit for shipping. But overall, still cheap. Material wise, it is good but not Uniqlo kinda good, not thin or lousy super kinda of material. The bow tie is the best I feel because it comes in a very atas box and its a golden/silver polka dots bow tie.  

In my initial planning, I straight away thought of buying dresses for the sisters from Taobao. It is not only price-reasonable but the dresses are quite pretty and if you search hard enough, you really find interesting and unique dresses. Just search 结婚姐妹礼服 for  sisters' dresses.




There are sizes up to XXXL, depending on design each dress does not exceed $20! In fact, when I was googling around I saw one bride whose sisters are wearing the exact same dresses and its really pretty!! 

Well...look at this! Very elegant and pretty! This would probably be for my sisters except that I managed to get my bridal studio to include sisters'dresses for me. Hence, if you are searching for dresses, don't bother to go to local shops, Taobao is the way to go! 

FYI...

Taobao is totally not for fussy buyers. If you are someone very particular and values quality a lot then Taobao is not for you. Although I must say 90% of the dresses come from Taobao and even wedding gowns you seen in bridal studios come from there as well.

TIP: If you are unsure about the quality or the reliability of the seller, do a test buy first. Buy 1 dress for yourself to try and see if it is good or suitable for the girls. I believe if you search hard enough, there are really very good cheap and good quality stuff! 

Also, during the search for hotels, some of the wedding souvenirs that I saw were custom made and very unique. For instance, Dreamweavers is one that custom made the souvenirs according to your theme. I did take some photos but unfortunately I can't seem to find that anywhere in my phone anymore. While they did excellent in the customization but honestly speaking, their gifts/souvenirs which I can 100% confirm is that it is from Taobao. 

For instance, the love measuring spoon which common friend ordered from Taobao... it is the exact same stuff from those vendors that do customization for wedding souvenirs and charges exorbitant rates for couples!
Instead of wasting your money, just google 结婚回礼 and you can find tons of cute and interesting gifts for your guests.  For example, 


Price wise, it depends on what you choose and all. There are couples that do away with the hotel wedding souvenirs and exchanged it for other things. So if you are considering using your own, then here is 1 good place to shop! 

Lastly, if you are on super tight budget or don't really give a hoot about weddings/ rather want something unique or a gown that you really love...buy your wedding gowns online!! Plus any accessories you fancy, you can buy it from Taobao. Guess I don't need to continue further right? 

I did seriously considered buying my wedding gowns online but the thought of not using them anymore after the wedding is kinda not practical. So there! 

No comments:

Post a Comment