Wednesday 27 November 2013

Staycation

The man and I had a staycation sometime back over the weekend. Just when you are thinking what the heck this gotta do with wedding? You be surprised to know everything here is related to the wedding.
Staycation would not be possible without the wedding because all most of these were prizes won or gotten free.

I am really thankful that all these small little things and the unexpected winnings make the wedding experience so much more fun! 

Here's what I won/ gotten for free! 

La belle -Free night stay at Orchard Hotel with breakfast + Wi-Fi voucher
Sheraton - won $50 dining voucher through the lucky draw
Style wedding - Free pair of  GV movie tickets
*My cozy room - Couple Wedding Trial Spa (the only one where the man paid a bomb for it)

It all started when I wrote about my experience with La Belle and won it through my write up...




A not-too-bad room where we lazed our day away watching HBO 

Anyways, the main highlight of this staycation is actually the massage at My Cozy Room. We first got to know about this beauty spa during the BOWS where they claim to be a Spa Haven for Brides (don't worry guys can do their beauty spa too!!). At first, I wasn't impressed because some of their staff were hardselling and abit hardcore which I really hate (so as with ALL other vendors at BOWS) but I was enticed by their Bridal Make-up Ampoules ($48 for box of 3). I thought it was a really good deal and could be useful when I go to Taiwan for my photoshoot. It was then I found myself attracted to their beauty treatments because the pricing were quite reasonable and as first timer, we were allowed to buy all the different treatments instead of the usual 1 treatment only for first time customers. For instance, I paid $48 instead of $198 for a Bridal Detoxifying Bacial (a treatment for the back), quite a reasonable deal, no? 

Of course as with other past experiences, I did research on My Cozy Room because I seriously don't want to stress myself with those hard selling + criticizing my face and body tactics. I was delighted when I saw positive comments that say no hard selling. Score 1 point already!


Walking along the right side of Paragon, up a slope to see a small row of shophouses.


Small waiting area when you walked up the stairs


Germany products which My Cozy Room uses

Interior of the couple room

Tea after the massage.

The treatment I did, which was really relaxing and definitely the best. Anyway its the masseurs that attended to us that were good. So good that we fell asleep immediately and all the aches were gone after the massage - SHIOK. No kidding!

But..... after our treatment, was abit sian because the staff started talking to me about doing facial and wanting to sell me facial treatment. Luckily, I had the man with me who straight away deal with her else I will be stuck there listening to her talking about signing up for facial treatment. =( 

Hence, my conclusion is.... bring my man since I still have quite a few treatments with them. Just want to use them when the time calls for it. I do know many brides-to-be go there for treatments too, so see how it goes because going for all these treatments in preparation for my wedding can be costly (as in their treatments are not cheap man!) but if they really help, I may consider. 

The next BOWS event will be in January, so if you happen to see My Cozy Room there, you may put some thoughts into it and research now! Hope this post helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment